Postage and Shipping Information
Radon tests are time-sensitive. Please ship immediately upon completion of the test.
- You can purchase a FedEx shipping label from us at this link. FedEx shipping labels purchased through us include a Guarantee.
- You can ship using any shipping carrier you prefer. Please note we strongly recommend using a shipping method which includes tracking.
- FedEx or UPS: These are the most reliable services and always include a tracking number.
- USPS Express Mail is generally reliable and always includes a tracking number.
- USPS Priority Mail is somewhat reliable, however USPS does not offer a delivery guarantee for Priority Mail. Priority Mail always includes a tracking number.
- USPS First Class Mail. First Class Mail is not guaranteed and does not always include a tracking number. Customers who ship via USPS First Class do so at their own risk.
- If using stamps, current postal rates require 8 first class stamps or $4.40 in postage to send your test kit via USPS First Class mail service.
- You can purchase First Class Mail shipping labels which include tracking at this link.
How do I know if my test includes prepaid return shipping?
First Alert, Kidde, and LabTech brand test kits do not include prepaid return shipping. For all other kits, check for either an included prepaid return shipping label or prepaid USPS First Class Postage on your return mailer:
- If your test includes a prepaid return shipping label, follow the instructions provided with the shipping label. In general, you should seal each test individually in the provided return mailer. Next, place all test kits in one box or package and apply the label to the box or package. If you are shipping just one test, you can apply the label to the back of the mailer.
- For FedEx return shipping labels, you must drop the package off at a FedEx location. Use this link to find a FedEx location.
- For USPS return shipping labels, you can put the package in your mailbox or drop it off at any USPS location.
- Some tests include prepaid USPS First Class Postage. If your return mailer says “NO POSTAGE NECESSARY IF MAILED INSIDE THE UNITED STATES” in the upper right corner, your test already includes prepaid USPS First Class Postage and no stamps are necessary. To use the prepaid postage, ship each test individually in the provided return mailer.
- Please understand that we cannot guarantee USPS will deliver your test kit within the 10 day window.
- You can use an alternate shipping method for more reliable shipping service. If using an alternate shipping method, please see below for options.
What are some additional tips for shipping my sampler back to the lab?
- Ship all in one package, but seal individually.
- Plan to stop your test early in the week so you can ship it promptly.
If you have additional questions about shipping or about your kit, please view our Freqently Asked Questions section.