We have just recently heard about the first death in North Dakota to include radon exposure as a cause of death. According to this news clip, Ms. Judith Antoine had been experiencing some declining health for several years and had no real answers as to why. She had lived in her home for several decades, but her family only recently learned about the high levels of radon in her house after her unexpected passing. The doctor who examined her attributed her illness to “radon toxicity” on her death certificate – the first time we have heard of radon being linked to the cause of death.

Her family and close friends encourage everyone to test for radon and to have any problems fixed. Radon can be tricky, but fortunately there are ways to lower the level of radon in homes, schools, and other structures! Be sure to test for radon so that you can know that you and your family are safe.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Antoine family!